Prevx scheduled scans possible?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by acr1965, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have my scheduled scans set for Sundays. But Prevx insists on scanning multiple times per day. I have tried everything under the sun for Prevx to only scan on Sundays. Nothing works. I do not want my computer scanned multiple times per day - I don't care how fast the scan is either. The scans always seem to happen when I am in the middle of something important.

How is getting a scheduled scan that difficult? Is there a way to keep Prevx from scanning my computer several times per day?

Attached Files:

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Hi acr1965,
    I think you should check "Start scan exactly at scheduled time" and it should
    work.

3. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I agree that it's worth trying. My experience though has been that scheduled scanning doesn't work properly no matter what the settings, and I know other people who have a similar problem.

On my system Prevx is set to scan daily at a fixed time but sometimes it misses a scheduled scan completely and will go more than 24 hours without a scan. At other times it fires up randomly - occasionally more than once in a day - usually when I'm using the machine. Also, the scheduled scans never start if the PC is in power-saving mode at the time the scan is due to take place.

This has been previously reported and Joe (AKA PrevxHelp) and I have had email correspondence over this, but the conversation never reached any definite conclusion. I've always found Prevx scheduled scanning to be extremely quirky. I hope this is something that will get sorted out properly in version 4.

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I will try- thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.