Prevx SafeOnline being reconfigured by adware

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by sded, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sded

sded Registered Member

I have noticed lately that the SafeOnline configuration shows various sites being turned off by Prevx. They show as "user configured" but I had nothing to do with the reconfiguration. See attachment. At first I just deleted the entries, but those shown have had the protection turned up to max by me-the entrys previously (not by me) had protection turned off. WTF?

Attached Files:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I suspect those ads were seen on protected websites and inherited the protection of the website. You could reset configuration if needed but it shouldn't be a problem (and adware wouldn't be able to change the Prevx configuration so you needn't worry :))

3. sded

sded Registered Member

I suspected that, but how about "definitely does not give your users a warm feeling about Prevx SafeOnline when they see it". :thumbd: Turning off protection for unknown ad sites and then blaming the user for it o_O

4. vojta

vojta Registered Member

If I understand it right, you don't have protection off for those sites. In fact, you have it set to maximum.

5. sded

sded Registered Member

I reset them to maximum in response to finding them turned off by Prevx. I wanted to leave them as examples, but not with SafeOnline turned off. And also want to see if Prevx turns them off again. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.