Prevx SafeOnline and Browser Filters.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Blackcat, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

When using SafeOnline and browsers such as IE8 with its SmartScreenFilter or Chrome with its "sandbox" should we disable the Browser protection and just run with SafeOnline?

I have been running these browsers fully enabled with SafeOnline for the last few hours with no apparent problems. But I would like to hear from Prevx as to what they advise.

2. james246

james246 Registered Member

I would also be interested in the answer to this question

When using SafeOnline and browsers such as IE8 with its SmartScreenFilter or Chrome with its "sandbox" should we disable the Browser protection and just run with SafeOnline?

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    At Prevx, our mantra is layered security, which is why we've developed Prevx 3.0 and SafeOnline to be fully compatible with all major security software. We strongly recommend using all existing browser security even with SafeOnline fully enabled because nothing is perfect - not us or your incumbent security - so anytime you can install multiple layers is beneficial :)

We currently do not fully support browsers sandboxed with Sandboxie (Prevx protection doesn't load/the Prevx browser tab doesn't show) but for all normal IE/FF/Chrome/Opera installations, you should be able to seamlessly add Prevx on top of any other browser-based protection.

Let me know if you have and questions or comments!

4. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

Smart Screen Filter should not harm PrevX SafeOnline in any way. It is just another/additional Filter for malicious websites and downloads.

Chromes Sandbox should absolutely be compatible with PrevXSafeOnline.
    PS: Do you know the chrome --safe-plugins switch? It is highly recommended because it sandboxes the plugins too. Most exploits doesn't attack the browser itself but the plugins f.e. the flash player or adobe pdf plugin.

5. Blackcat

No. Can you enlighten me?

6. Habakuck

Of course. :)

http://src.chromium.org/svn/trunk/src/chrome/common/chrome_switches.cc
    Here are all the switches.
    Create a shortcut to the chrome.exe. Switch to the properties and ad the switches in the target box.
    I highly recommend the following:
    Target:

7. Blackcat

Many thanks :thumb:

8. Habakuck

You are welcome! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.