Prevx RC 3.0.4.191

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Baldrick, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Is it only me I can't get to that webpage. It reverts with The page cannot be found. Can somebody authenticate the link?

2. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

4. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

I cant print with Prevx installed. I need to uninstall Prevx (and reboot) to be able to print. I noticed this yesterday too with the previous beta. Thank god i dont need to print much :)
    Its a usb "hp psc 1100" printer.

edit: back to V.3.0.1.65 and printing works again.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
  5. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Joe,
    There seems to be an issue of sorts using bld191 with Online Armor. When programs are run under "Run Safer" in OA they have a green border round them. If you also run Sandboxie with OA no green border appears on the internet facing apps as Sandboxie overrides the Web Shield although the apps are still running with Reduced Rights. Also there are no prompts from OA for ActiveX with Sanboxie installed.
    I am now running OA with bld191 (no Sandboxie) and seeing the exact same behavior as seen with OA and Sandboxie. This would suggest that the Secure Browsing is overriding OA Web Shield as well. There may also be an issue with sites blocked in the firewall loading, I have had it happen once but rebooted and cannot reproduce it at the moment.
    The Secure Browser tab is present and working normally and seems to not be affected.
    Let me know if you want a scan log or not.

6. sded

sded Registered Member

I am running Opera 10 and FF 3.5.1 with Prevx 191 and OA 3.5.0.47 and get the usual green run safer border as well as the Prevx tab. In the case of Opera, the tab doesn't do anything (no fields are filled in), but FF seems to work correctly. Update: Opera seems to work OK if I disable the Opera fraud protection and then restart Opera. Keeps working when I re-enable and restart again.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  7. Dark Star 72

I am running FF 3.5.3 and OA++ 3.5.0.32.
    I have the green border around WMP, Words and Foxit so it is working, just doesn't appear on the browser.
    Will uninstall Prevx later, check for the green border and then reinstall to see if that makes any difference.

8. Dark Star 72

Have just removed Prevx 191, green Run Safer borders on browser etc. Reinstalled Prevx 191, no green borders on the browser o_O

9. sded

sded Registered Member

Have you tried turning run safer off and on and restarting FF? I happened to do that when I was upgrading FF, but didn't seem to make any difference to Opera.

10. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

https browsing bug while NIS 2010 is running is fixed.
    Will test further :)

11. Dark Star 72

Just tried that and no difference.

12. dlimanov

dlimanov Registered Member

Anyone noticed very slow flash video load times with Safe Browsing enabled? I'm talking YouTube and the like, loading 3-5% and then never finishing? Tried in both Opera and IE, the moment I disable SB and restart the browser, it loads almost immediately.

13. sded

sded Registered Member

More flaky results. Two computers with same version of Prevx, OA, etc. Opera works fine with Prevx on one with Ultimate, nothing on tab filled in with one with Home Premium, with or without Opera Fraud Protection enabled.

14. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We don't completely support Opera/Chrome/Safari yet which is why there are some issues on some PCs. Frankly, Opera has less of a userbase than 64bit so we shouldn't even be considering it until finishing 64bit but we're doing it a bit out of order to support the bulk of the Opera users :)

I'll send you over a script to correct the incompatibility :)

15. PrevxHelp

Could you clarify if printing only doesn't work from the web browser or is it broken elsewhere on the system?

If you're available later today or tomorrow, I'd be very interested in trying to diagnose this problem remotely :)

Thanks for the help!

16. PrevxHelp

I suspect this is a conceptual incompatibility between Prevx and OA. I'll see what we can do to solve it but you may need to turn down Prevx protection to allow OA to load into the browser.

17. PrevxHelp

Could you save a scan log and send it to report@prevxresearch.com ? There may be a few different issues with Opera currently and we're working on getting a handle on where the issues lie.

18. PrevxHelp

Hello,
    Could you save a scan log and send it to report@prevxresearch.com? That should let us get an idea of where the problems lie :)

Thanks!

19. dlimanov

Thanks Joe! Anything special I need to put in the subject and/or body?

20. sded

sded Registered Member

Sent. :)

21. Dark Star 72

Just tried turning Prevx protection down to minimum but it didn't make any difference.

22. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

X Joe
    this time I talk about an incompatibility even if not so important or just an explication.
    Usin Irfanview (free picture viewer) I can't capture a screenshot, this is if SafeOnline is On and set to maximum but the same appens with SafeOnline set Low on Fttp & fttps, just putting SafeOnline off clicking the on/off button solve the problem. Been Irfanview a program and not an fttp or fttps, SafeOnline not only provide protection on web but even on pc program grabbing screen, it's correct this or is a bug?
    Making CTRL+Stamp SafeOnline set to maximum allert you , with irfanview not.
    I know is not so important, but is for understand

Other thigs: If we set off the bar on fttp or fttps or toghether, SafeOnline stil remaining green saying ON on the top of the same screen, I think is not so good, i think is better if the color is for example orange alias SafeOnline is on but your configuration is not recommended, or blue like the prevx logo on browser waiting your configuration

Thank Joe

23. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I'm getting the same here, the green Runsafer borders are missing on Firefox 3.5.3 and IE 8. Everything else has the Runsafer borders...interesting...:eek: :)

24. dlimanov

I'm pretty sure this is a functionality and not a bug. Preventing taking a snapshot of an active browser window is part of keylogger protection, as the methods are pretty similar. See if you can disable this in your custom settings for SafeOnline and test again. In either case, with palin Alt+PrntScrn, Prevx is asking if you want to allow the screenshot to be taken; don't know if this is the case with Irfanview, SnagIt and the like.

25. PrevxHelp

Yes, dlimanov is correct - we block screengrabbers from viewing screen contents and we currently do not support background screengrabbers, even with lowered protection. However, you can use Alt+Print Screen/Print Screen to take screenshots (after receiving a prompt).

Alternatively, just using "Stop Protection" will allow you to take screenshots on any website (and is probably the easiest way if you're looking to take a number of screenshots with secured websites open).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.