Prevx RC 3.0.4.183

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by PrevxHelp, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

if i may ask, what FF skin is that?

and another question, to use this beta full functional do u need a license, or does the beta come fully working? and 2nd, is browser protection going to be included in the free version or no?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You do not need a license for the test version (just download and go :)) and currently we are planning on including the browser protection for free along with malware detection and adware/MBR rootkit cleanup :)

3. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

4. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Have now sent a scan log which I did about midnight. Sorry for the delay, real life got in the way :mad: :D

5. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Have just had the GMail Manager icon change from default red to grey with a red exclamation mark in the centre. The Prevx Web Browser tab has also disappeared and if I try to connect to any site on the web I just get an "Unable to connect" window in the browser. Have done a scan and saved the log. The fact I was able to do the scan indicates that the computer is able to connect to the Prevx servers which would suggest a possible conflict involving the FF browser?
    Just closed and reopened the browser and everything is now OK.
    Do you want me to send this second scan log as well?

6. firzen771

wuld browser protection be fully functional in the free version or limited?

7. PrevxHelp

I'm afraid we didn't find much in your scan log. We're going to work on reproducing this locally with the GMail Manager and will report back with what our results are as soon as we get together the next release :)

8. PrevxHelp

The protection will be fully functional in the free version :)

9. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I have run into a strange glitch here with the RC. Any website I visit in Firefox that uses Java animation seems to have trouble loading. I try loading radar animation in the Nat'l Weather service site and the player loads but nothing happens. It works fine with IE8 though. Now if I use the latest full release of Prevx (3.0.1.65) everything works fine...odd eh..:eek: :rolleyes: o_O :)

10. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Wow! Really!? That's awesome! :D

11. firzen771

wow that sounds great, so free version will have alert ability but no removal still but its awesome that the browser protection will work just like the paid one :)

so that means anything caught by browser protection will be removed/blocked correct?

12. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

Seems like there is a incompatibility with NIS 2010 17.0.0.136
    When I enable https:// protection under web prot. then Firefox 3.5.3 crashes when browsing to web pages with https (www.hansa.ee for example)
    So I think it's bug. When I remove https:// protection, then it won't crash.

Definitely worth to check out :)

13. PrevxHelp

It will be avoided. The goal of the browser protection is to allow the user to use their computer safely without exposing their data to active threats. Because no product is perfect, Prevx 3.0 included, we've designed the browser protection as a complement to the protection and detection provided by Prevx 3.0, significantly improving its ability to prevent infections from doing harm to your data or identity. So, in the chance that Prevx 3.0 were to miss a threat, the browser protection may not necessarily say that "x file is a threat", but it will prevent the file from reading/stealing your data or even knowing it exists on the system.

Also, the browser protection offers proactive prevention of malicious content - blocking phishing websites, malicious websites, and other bad content which can infect your computer, reducing your risk even if you aren't using the paid-for version of Prevx.

I hope that helps clarify what the browser protection provides :) Let me know if you have any questions!

Also, for more information at a technical level, take a look at thus whitepaper which should help explain some of the potential of the secure browser :) https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=252664

14. PrevxHelp

Thank you for the information :) I've added this to our "to test with" list and will report back as soon as we have an answer to the issue!

15. PrevxHelp

That definitely sounds like something which could break - could you let me know what OS you're using (and if you have any other security installed than what is in your signature?)

Thanks! :)

16. firzen771

so is it similar to like keyscrambler?

17. PrevxHelp

We have KeyScrambler-esque functionality built in as one component (except we don't scramble the keystrokes, we just tell the operating system that they don't exist and erase them :D). On top of that are another 50+ discrete protection engines to handle the other threats to system/user data :)

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Prevx and KeyScrambler free would be a very good choice.

19. firzen771

sounds awesome and since it will be included in free version, im definetly adding this to my windows 7 setup, it does work with windows 7 right?

sounds like too much overlaping functionality.

20. PrevxHelp

Yes it does :)

We are now compatible with KeyScrambler but indeed it is a lot of overlapping functionality (as we do everything that they do for the browser - the piece which KeyScrambler has that we don't is protection of other programs). For the browser or for other programs, however, you can use Prevx RC1 + KeyScrambler but there isn't any benefit to use KeyScrambler for the browser protection on top of Prevx.

21. firzen771

nice clarification, ur support is always top notch :thumb: but one last question, is there any known major issues with the RC and Win7 32bit?

22. PrevxHelp

Nothing major, just some minor incompatibilities with some programs (mostly security programs which try and do similar things in the browser. I have a list of the larger known incompatibilities in the first post on the thread (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1536311&postcount=1) but I use it here on Windows 7 RTM 32bit without any problems :)

23. firzen771

sounds great, thx :thumb:

24. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Wouldn't you know, my Online Armor was blocking the Java plugin in firefox. Winds up its not a Prevx issue at all. It seemed strange that it only affected Firefox so I went thru all the menu's in OA...and SHAZZAM. All is well, cheers...:D

25. PrevxHelp

No problem :D Always good to know that other security is still working!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.