prevx home page claims other AV's missed malware

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hawkeen, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Actually, Prevx charts aren't implying anything. They are stating how many infections they found that the others missed, and then they identify the infections. I fail to see the implication you refer to. I see statements.

2. qpok

qpok Registered Member

Second that. Seems to me that these bashers of Prevx statistics make the assumption that most people visiting the site are scientifically illiterate. At least that is the only way I can see the statistics leading anyone astray in the way pictured in these threads.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

And it is the bashers' job to protect the scientifically illiterate from themselves... and from Prevx. ;)

4. sded

sded Registered Member

I guess the problem still escapes me. When I read the charts, they tell me that Prevx still has a lot of value added, even if one is already using a good antivirus. No comment on whether one should throw out the existing AV. I wouldn't, but am not always online anyway. Seems much more reasonable than claiming 100% effectiveness by having a user manually look at the popups from a HIPS-actually the third line of defense sequentially, behind the firewall and AV-and not make any mistakes. Of course, being alerted to the fact that all of the popups are due to malware does help, as in Matt's reviews. Kind of like making sure all of the malware has previously been submitted to the vendor before an anti-malware test is run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.