prevx disappears after 22% of learning scan ?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by thathagat, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thathagat

thathagat Guest

hi ! this pc has avast 4.8 pro and iobit 360,windows xp sp3 the issue is that when i try to run prevx csi it disappears after 22% of learning scan and no trace of its presence can be found.what and why is this? Similarly dr web cureit results in windows crash the moment a dr web scan is attempted. Mbam/sas scan are clean so is avast's.Is prevx incompatible or is there a malware hampering prevx?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    I suspect there is something wrong beneath Prevx on your system because of the issue seen with Dr. Web as well. If you could try disabling Avast and IOBit and then uninstalling Prevx 3.0 with our removal tool from http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?grab=csiuninstalltool and then reboot your system and then reinstall the newest version from http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp that may give you a better chance at getting it working properly.

If not, please let me know and I'll investigate it further :)

3. thathagat

thathagat Guest

hi.......i un-installed prevx using the tool and even removed avast/iobit/returnil with revo. then installed prevx again but sadly in vain it disappeared after 22% scan....no trace.But nav2009 installed...updated and deemed the pc clean and so did a squared free.Prevx seems to be doing a la houdini on me....:doubt:

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Would you be interested in having myself or one of our engineers assist you remotely to try and diagnose this issue? I suspect there is some unique issue which is causing your system to not be able to be scanned properly and it would be very useful to get it solved :)

5. thathagat

thathagat Guest

hi........this actually is my sisters pc which thankfully has rollback rx as all my pc so i rollbacked to the installation snapshot installed prevx and it runs smoothly i have installed nav2009 also recovered all saved documents from the suspect snapshot and the pc seems as good as new....i hope;) it is....
    so the problem it seems would be something related to software/infection god knows what.......thanks for the offer though ...your support for even free users is exemplary...:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.