Prevx CSI, Edge, and 3

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by caspian, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I still have a license for Prevx CSI. I had to reinstall my OS and have not added it yet. But I noticed that there is a Prevx Edge and now a Prevx 3. Will my CSI automatically upgrade to these or do I have to purchase the newer version?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know what the version number is in the bottom corner of your installation? I suspect you may be using a very old version if it still says CSI :)

3. caspian

I am not home right now. I will be back in a week. I will look then. Unless that information is in the email confirmation.

4. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

Hi Caspian,

Prevx CSI and Edge were merged a few months ago to form Prevx 3.0.

All previous CSI and Edge license keys will continue to be valid, and can be successfully activated within the Prevx 3.0 "License" screen.

Unfortunately Prevx currently detects a reformat as a completely new machine - therefore you will be required to deactivate your previous activation, before being able to successfully transfer to your newly formatted environment. You can do this either by registering at my.prevx.com, and manually deactivating your previous machine - or alternatively drop a message to Prevx Support (http://info.prevx.com/service.asp) with your license key, and they will sort this for you.

Hope this helps, but don't hesitate to shout if you have any other queries :)

EDIT: Gah! PrevxHelp beat me to it! :grrrrr:

5. caspian

Thanks for that. I just went over to my email account and looked at the order info and my license is up July 30th. So I need to re-order anyway. I am looking forward to the new version. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.