Prevx causing USB device error

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Biscuit, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Got this today from the new Prevx when I tried to safely remove my USB drive:

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Prevx\prevx.exe with process id 396 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_0781&PID_5408\0000060409092753.

In what may or may not be also relevant, I am unable to print to any USB printer.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know if you installed Prevx from that USB stick or if you had run any new programs from that USB stick within that Windows session?

Thanks! :)

3. Biscuit

Hi

I used the stick only to download & save a fresh copy of prevxfree.exe direct onto the stick from the Prevx website.

I can also confirm that it was definitely the latest version of Prevx that broke my printing capability. I have uninstalled Prevx, rebooted, reg clean with JV16 (although Prevx left nothing) & the printing works perfectly.

4. Biscuit

Bumping this thread as it's a serious issue.

5. PrevxHelp

I think the best solution at this point will be to install the live version of Prevx from http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp which has been unchanged in > 4 months and should not contain this issue. We're still working through a number of changes in the .183 build which will improve stability all around and may fix these USB/printer issues by-proxy but if not we will investigate them closer.

6. Biscuit

I had the old version before it updated itself. Shirley if I download the previous version it will update & I'll get all the hassle (Nod32 & printing) again?

7. PrevxHelp

The .183 build is not available for update from the live build. If you uninstall .183 and then download .65 from http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp it will not automatically update back to .183.

Let me know if your experience is any different :)

8. Biscuit

Joe, but that's what mine did. I had .65 & it auto updated to the beta. The other computers on my network have not done so.

9. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

So you must of had the Beta version of .65 still installed like I did and it did auto Update to the new Beta .183

But for me to get the new Browser Protection to function I had to Uninstall and reinstall .183

HTH,

TH

10. Biscuit

I don't run Beta's on my main pc, but I'll download & install Prevx3 from the website.

Cue the Prevx licence issues due to the reinstall! :rolleyes:

11. PrevxHelp

There should not be any license issue from reinstallation - the only time there may be a licensing issue is when the PC is reformatted which resets our Windows-installation-based identifier, but we are working on implementing a complementary system which will alleviate/simplify this process.

12. Biscuit

Yup, reinstalled with no issues!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.