Prevx and avast issues

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Page42, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

A couple avast forum members in this thread are reporting latest build ( 5.0.418 ) issues with Prevx 3.0.1.65.

This post and this one too get right to the point.

I am interested in hearing about any other Prevx/avast users who may have run into similar issues with these builds... or not, of course!

And I wanted to bring this to PrevxHelp's attention. Maybe it's all about avast having to make adjustments. Maybe it's about both of them putting their heads together? Whatever makes it all smoother for the user! :thumb:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thanks for the information - I don't have an account at the avast! forum but you may want to post a link to this thread if it would be helpful.

I suspect build v3.0.5.74 will correct the incompatibility issues and if they upgrade to it manually (by downloading directly from http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp), the SafeOnline components will not be installed.

In the event you would need to install fresh and still do not want to use SafeOnline, you can install with SafeOnline disabled with this commandline:

prevxinstaller.exe /prop SB=N

However, we have made some very significant improvements within SafeOnline since its release and if you were having problems with the earlier versions, it is very likely that these problems will no longer exist (we currently do not have any outstanding issues as of build v3.0.5.74).

Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.