Prevx 3.0 with SafeOnline build 3.0.5.174

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Triple Helix, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

I'm seeing an issue with SOL. When I log into Paypal, it asks me if I want to secure my password. I respond yes and it logs it into the credentials box. Ok, so far. However, next time I log into Paypal, I am again asked to secure the password and its logged again into the credentials box. I should only be asked once, correct? My understanding is that once the credentials are saved, it only prompts you again if you enter that same password into another web site, to prevent a phishing exploit? I'm using build 3.0.5.174 on Win 7 32-bit.
    Here's a screenshot showing what's happening:

prevx.jpg

Edit: Forgot to say I uninstalled then reinstalled Prevx and still get the same results.

2. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

Success. I'm relieved to say that I've resolved the problems with SOL I've posted in this thread. The culprit turned out to be Sandboxie (specifically, its background service element) causing all three browsers on my system to crash on opening while SOL was enabled.

Removing Sandboxie has completely solved this. Why this should suddenly have started happening after a year of running the two progs together is anyone's guess. That's computers for you!

3. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I had this issue when using the default skin. When I switched to Windows classic (The only other skin that installs with Opera) the browser tab returned.

4. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

Thanks, but this occurred with FF and IE too. As you can see from my previous post it seems the culprit was Sandboxie 'cos everything's working fine now.
    Regards

5. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Ahh, I see. :thumb:

6. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

hi Joe
    a KIS 2011 user say to me that prevx .174 still continue monitoring KIS 2011 behaviour even if it is on Prevx exclusion (and prevx on the Kiss exclusion), well I don't use KIS so I can't investigate (I use Comodo CIS:D ), can you control Joe?

Second Questione the same user say Prevx driver control his keyboard driver, I think this is a check antikeylogger that prevx use

Third, on Security Centre there is Prevx 3 (pay version) but not KISS
    http://img138.imageshack.us/i/20100627151823.jpg/

Thanks Joe & sory but I can't investigate KISS issue ando so.. I only report here for your check:thumb:

7. Daniel K

Daniel K Registered Member

Latest prevx Beta/RC work very well on my PC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.