PREVX 3.0 runs fine, WSA AntiVirus 2012 will not

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by RunLean, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunLean

RunLean Registered Member

Installed WSA trial and DEP popped up saying it stopped Windows Explorer. Trying to close this message window prompts a DRWatson crash window. If I just drag the DEP message to the side without trying to close it, I can use the computer OK except for Windows Explorer. Have to use a third party file manager.

Uninstalled WSA and installed PREVX 3.0 from the PREVX website. PREVX is running without a hitch. 365 days left on subscription.

Hope Webroot doesn't hijack my PREVX with an "upgrade".

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Eventually all Prevx 3 users will be migrated to the new Webroot product, which has enhanced Prevx technologies built into it. In the meantime I would suggest you contact Support with your issue. They should be able to help you resolve it so the problem doesn't reoccur.

3. RunLean

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response. Tech says it's software & start up issues on my computer. I believe I've resolved these.

If I uninstall PREVX & reinstall WSA and then have the same problem, can PREVX be reinstalled without having to pay another sub fee?

Thanks,
    RL

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Yes, you can always reinstall Prevx. If you still experience the same problems, please let me know and I can help investigate closer.

In the meantime, could you let me know what other security software you're using?

Thanks!

5. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Yes you can, but if you continue to have problems with installing WSA please contact WSA support: https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Thanks,

TH

Joe beat me to it again! ;)

6. RunLean

Ok, guys will contact support again if find any more probs.

FYI, not running any other security software aside from Windows firewall. Had been using Ad Aware & PC Tools Spyware Doctor in the past, but uninstalled them & used any purging tools they had available to get rid of traces.

Will keep u posted for sure. Thanks,
    RL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.