Prevx 3.0 and Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by sturgess, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sturgess

sturgess Registered Member

Installed the latest version of Windows 8 last night, although it arrives with it's own security I had no problems replacing it with Prevx 3.0 and NIS 2012. Trusteer Rapport failed to install correctly however and needed to be removed.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Glad to hear it! I've been at RSA this week and haven't had a chance to try the Windows 8 Consumer Preview myself but I'm looking forward to getting back to give it a run :)

3. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

WSA Complete running great here with Win8 CP only self added applications in "Protected Applications" doesn't seem to work. I get the padlock on browsers (https) but not on other apps added to that list.

4. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

That would make sense though if the other apps don't load web pages. After all, the protection settings are all based on what web pages is loaded, and the padlock only appears if the protection for the page is High or Max (I think)... But if the app doesn't load a web page, how can it know what web page is loaded into it to decide if the protection for it is high or max? :)

5. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Its a feature from WSA. Every time you see a padlock it means Keystrokes are being encrypted. You can add that protection to applications you add on "Protected Applications". For example u add a password manager to that list and every time u type something in it it gets encrypted. Same for notepad, messenger, online games etc.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know what application you're trying to add?

Thanks!

7. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Wordpad, Notepad, Miranda, BCArchive. Everything other than the browsers doesnt seem to work.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.