PreVX 2 uninstall issues

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by JayTee, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Please delete your PreVX 2 folder in \Program Files\ after uninstalling it. The uninstall process wasn't clean on my machine.

I deleted PreVX 2 sometime ago and when I happened to run ProcExp, I found still pxagent, a component of PreVX 2 still running as a service!

2. Manitoban

Manitoban Guest

This was the dirtiest uninstall I've ever seen. I used RegSeeker to search out things to remove, and there were a lot of them.

3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Lots of reg entries left on my PC after uninstalling Prevx,used JV16 power tools to find and remove them:-since removing Prevx pc running faster/better

4. Maintoban

Maintoban Guest

About 60 reg keys or values contained the string "prevx." I deleted all of them. Plus, what must have been almost the entire contents of the install folder remained. I deleted the folder. I'd like to see the company supply a list of things to remove, in the absence of a competent uninstaller.

5. chew

chew Registered Member

I used Ccleaner to remove the remnants of Prevx one then I re-installed Prevx 2 ... then uninsalled Prevx 2 again ... then re-installed 2 again... but I noticed one of the folder was still there whenever I uninstalled Prevx 2 ...

My patient is waring thin now since I cannot update it for whatever reason. I email them but to no avail.

I could update Prevx 1 but not 2.

Let's see ... hmmm ...

:mad:

6. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Consider deleting pxfsf.sys on \windows\system32\drivers as well when u r uninstalling PreVx 2.

A check shows that it is a PreVx 2 driver...

Of course please do a backup or rar it before deleting.

7. Manitoban

Manitoban Guest

Done. Thanks, JayTee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.