Previous Versions Available Online?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rh0926, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rh0926

rh0926 Registered Member

I purchased TI8 from NewEgg a few months ago. I uninstalled it from my system and couldn't find the installation key to reinstall it.

So, since the price was good on NewEgg again, I just recently purchased TI9 version 22XX.

TI9 takes forever to run (both backup and restore) and has problems with my Windows 2000 installations.

When I back up a Windows 2000 drive and go to restore it on a different machine, it gives me the option to restore it in the Active, Primary, or Inactive partitionso_O I just want to restore the whole drive as C:, but TI9 only requires me to select the D: drive or aboveo_Oo_O? I upgraded to version 2302 and tried again. It didn't ask about the Active, Primary or Inactive partitions or what drive I wanted to restore, but when looking at the Progress screen, I saw I was restoring C: --> D:

Now that the image is loaded, when I boot, I get an error that says 'Non-System disk, press any key...' Once I press a key, it loads to Windows 2000.

Because of the problems I have been getting with 9, is there a place I can go to download version 8? It had no problems with imaging 2000. Will my version 9 installation key work with the older version?

Thanks for any assistance....

Rob

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Registered Member

Support will give you a serial for TI8 if you ask nicely, and reference this thread in your email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.