Prepping a kid's new PC

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by iravgupta, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

During the daily round of web surfing, sometimes a nasty may take refuge in the temporary internet files area, if it escapes detection by MSE. A daily clean up before shutdown helps keep such situations at bay.

2. iravgupta

Would like to add one interesting note, someone in his household was intelligent enough to install Avira Antivir along with the pre installed McAfee security suite. I thoroughly removed McAfee via the Add-Remove-Reboot-McAfee uninstaller routine, but let Avira stay on initially, as I was working via TeamViewer and the speed of his connection was a bit slow. When I installed Norton Safety Minder, it reported that it was incompatible with Avira Antivir. So I had no choice but to get rid of Avira and installe MSE instead. Norton Safety Minder has'nt complained since.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

My apologies, I was under the impression it was your son. In this case, ignore my advice about 2 accounts.

But setting a scheduled task for ccleaner is a smart approach, he shouldn't have to run ccleaner daily himself.

4. iravgupta

Agreed. Will implement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.