pre-boot option greyed out

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by ashishtx, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

Does anybody know why the option of pre-boot is greyed. I have enabled the option of boot to snapshot. In other words i cannot boot to another snapshot until i restart the pc and get the pre boot screen. thank you.

Attached Files:

• isr2.jpg
      isr2.jpg
      File size:
      40.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Look under actions on the help menu and see if pre-boot is disabled.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

ashishtx, when you take Ronjors advice and look under Actions, also check to see if "Boot To Snapshot" is greyed out, if so, I have a question to ask you: Are you using KAV version 5.0 as your anti-Virus?

Acadia

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Folks: This has happened to me with Kav v.5. Once i upgrade to v.6 the problem disappeared. :thumb:

5. ashishtx

I had used Kav once but i do not use it anymore.

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

That does not matter if it was version 5.0; was it version 5.0? Uninstalling 5.0 does NOT undo the damage and extra steps must be taken.

Acadia

7. ashishtx

It was kav 5.0.

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, It appeares to me very strange: When was the last time we(viewers) saw a technical posting from THE OFFICIAL from this OFFICIAL (FD-ISR) forum? Beside some sort of marketing pitch, shame,shame, good product, poor PR. When users of this excellent prog having problems, the sole resource seems to me is exchanging views among users. Where are you when we need you!:thumbd:

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

If you uninstall 5.0, run the KLstreamremover.exe from c:\ then completely remove FDISR, reinstall KAV 5.0 turning off the Istream option, and then reinstall FDISR you will be fine.

KAV 6.0 doesn't use ADS and works fine.

Pete

10. Peter2150

Actually Leapfrog doesn't really provide support, it is provided by the 3 vendors, IE Raxco for example, from whom you purchased the program.

Leapfrog in this forum, gives us a home, plus Leapfrog has a place to provide overall contact with users.

11. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Perman,
    I understand your frustration. Please keep in mind that I am a very, some say too, picky person when it comes to the purchase of software and the support that follows. Actually, I've been very impressed with this particular software and Raxco's support.

You should also be hesitant to categorize the exchange of views among forum users as "the sole resource." Your language seems to imply that this resource is not a very good one. To the contrary, I assure you that you are experiencing a problem that Peter2150 has dealt with first-hand. Not only has he dealt with the problem, but unless I'm mistaken, which has happened once before :cautious: , but I believe that Peter2150 played an integral part in working with Raxco in figuring out this very problem.

That being said, welcome to the forum and if there is anything that I can do to help you, I will. You are in good hands and with Peter2150, let me assure you of that.

12. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,Dallen: First, allow me to say that if my early posting has somewhat offended some viewers, please accept my apolgy; it was not my intention at all. I am a rookie in term of being a PC user. I do learn a great deal of knoewhow from the peers on this forum. What i have meant "the sole resource" was directed toward the frequecy of tech posting from the author of program; i know there is a forum provided by Raxo. Again, i do value the support i received from you and others, and i do expect this sort of advice shall continue.:)

13. Peter2150

Hi Dallen

Wish I could say I'd been that clever. I had FDISR on my system and installed kAV 5.0 without thinking about it. After trashing FDISR I went to Raxco's site and discovered their disclaimer about using KAV 5.0 because of the ADS. AFter cleaning everything up, I found I could install KAV 5.0 without ADS. Then reinstalled FDISR.

It was a brilliant example of trial and error:D

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.