Powerreg Scheduler V3

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Mele20, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

BitDefender says Powerreg Scheduler V3 is spyware and should be deleted. Pest Patrol agrees. AdAware doesn't flag it though. I have two copies of it in C:\WINDOWS\pss placed there I suppose by two different applications I have. It is not running at startup though like I see in many folks HijackThis.

What's the opinion here? Is it spyware?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Technically....Computer Associates\Pest Patrol classifies Powerreg Scheduler as Adware.

It's the unknown information that I would have concerns about....but since those that maintain the Startup list archive judge PowerReg SchedulerV3 to be "N" - Not required....I personally would not be concerned about that process.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I don't have a 3COM modem so it must be some other software that installed it. It doesn't run in Startup probably because I stop everything that trys to do that after I download and install it.

So, even though it is not running, I think I'll get rid of the files.

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Mele20,

It is used by other soft- and hardware manufacturers as well. All for the same purpose: registration reminders (which could in a way be seen as adware)
    Once you have made sure it no longer starts at boot, I'd call it a day. Removing the files doesn't add any extra security and it's a hassle should you ever need them (because you decide to register). :)

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.