power defrag

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Rita, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi
    has anyone ever used this program--its supposed to be faster than the regular scandisk and defrag on windows.(power defrag) i downloaded it before and tried to use it and being computer illerate couldnt figure out how to do it and i think it messed up my regular scandisk though i deleted it and finaly got scandisk to work again.i was just wondering if this was a good program--if someone knew how to work it--my regular scandisk is so very slow id love to have something faster
    thanks
    Rita

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello Rita,

I looked at Power Defrag and the options it provides. I haven't used it however.

I assume you are using XP.

I use Perfect Disk and like it very much.

I tried several before I settled on Perfect Disk.

Maybe others will reply on Power Defrag.

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi Ron
    i am going to try perfect disk--thanks for link.i am using windows me,which i am told is garbage lol--i guess i should upgrade huh?
    thank you Ron
    Rita

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A lot of people use ME. I waited on XP. Been patching ever since! :D

5. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear ritaann, i'm running ME and it serves my purpose. XP needs a bit faster system and it offers a stable environment with a lot of security in multi-user environment. if you're the only user and you're running an old system then ME is fine. as far as defragmenting goes i use the built-in defrag from INTEL. in third party tools i think Norton is the best.

6. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

thanks AMRX
    i am using an old ibm computer and i guess me does all i need it too also.i have just been hearing me was the worst os ever--i guess really its all a matter of opinion huh?i wish i had more ram --only have 128.my scandisk takes forever i mean like 8 or 10 hours on both my computers i get this message windows has restarted 10 times--do you want to continue receiving this message and i just click no and wait till its done --its agravating for sure--anyway i downloaded this power defrag and didnt know how to use it and messed up scandisk for awhile--finaly got it working as good as 'ever' again
    many thanks
    Rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.