Potential outbound solution/app control only

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by NoHolyGrail, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoHolyGrail

NoHolyGrail Registered Member

2. NoHolyGrail

NoHolyGrail Registered Member

I've been using this for a while now; it appears to be application control only and seems to catch everything, including system processes, from what I can tell (a more experience user's assessment would be appreciated).

I only use the straightforward Disable and Enable permissions settings, because I'm not clear on what the other rulesets allow. Documentation is lacking.

I'll also point out that choosing a "Default Zone" is mostly pointless. You still get prompted for all unknown applications (which then get added to the list with whatever permission setting you choose). And the GUI is rather primitive and could use improvement...though it hardly matters for such a simple application, it would (for example) be nice to be able to organize the list of applications grouped by "zone" or even alphabetically. These are only minor complaints...the software serves me well enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.