Post your feature suggestions for the next major release

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by javacool, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. U200

U200 Guest

One more:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Regedit\LastKey

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm assuming you are referring to some separate plug-in to clean Opera's cache/history/cookies. If so, it is a possibility (one I will be looking into).

More plug-ins for MRU-Blaster are in the works, and a new, improved plug-in access interface is also being created. :D

[hr]

To all others who posted MRU lists: Thank you, and I'll be looking into them for inclusion in the next database update. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Privacy

Privacy Registered Member

I haven't read all of this thread, so I apologise if my suggestion has already been mentioned, but I think a 'stealth' option would be nice. I did have MRU Blaster Scheduler running but I don't like having too many icons in my taskbar, so I stopped using it.

I think an option to 'set and forget' MRU Blaster would be good, afterall, if I want to change any of the settings for MRU Blaster all I need to do is go to Start > Programs > MRU Blaster. :) Great program, javacool!

4. moimeme

moimeme Guest

Re:suggestions

Keep it as small as possible :)
    the lighter it is the better it is !!
    ;-)
    no need for gadgets .... (maybe you could market then into a pro version ... ;)
    But a standalone autoupdater would be a great thing together with a separate database ...

keep the great work on !
    cheers.

5. zdenko

zdenko Registered Member

To make MRU BLASTER even better please add HISTORY INDEX DAT if possible to the cleaning process..I have noticed that in my W98 I get even MS HISTORY folders added and each got an index dat there..

Maybe even RECYCLED folders could be added to cleaning once later..I dont mean recycling bin in C but on other drives..They dont want to vanish...

It seems to me that DISPLAY of cookies in MRU BLASTER could be made a bit better.Instead of two relatively small vertical windows or menus i propose JUST ONE big windows for IGNORED coockies and ID rather call them PROTECTED coockies..The present display is a bit confusing and it is difficult to see what is ignored and what is unprotected.Name IGNORED is a bit misleading as I think cookies are VERY IMPORTANT to be cherished,the good ones,,Otherwise access to sites is slow and stocky..

regards Zdenko

6. mr spock

mr spock Registered Member

7. SA

SA Guest

I would like to see the Adobe 5 recently opend PDF lists removed - I cannot seem to find the right switch within the Adobe program to do it. It just bugs me to see all the programs that I have already finished using and no longer wish to open listed. o_O

8. thank you for giving me MRU Blaster. it is certainly worth what i paid for it.

please add more info to you faq. just like reply #21 Bombadil, the descriptions "Windows UserAssistMRUs" and "Windows Stream MRU" are meaningless to me.

because i allowed all the choice boxes in "Program Settings" to be checked by default i had unfortunate unforeseen unpleasant problems:

1. windows forgot all my folder settings. i'm still working through this.

2. norton WinDoctor lost all its "undo" files.

3. i run multiple monitors. my desktop icon arrangement got totally screwed up. fortunately i also run WinTidy. Please check:

HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Old Work Areas

i cannot imagine any secrecy/privacy/security need to change this key.

keep up the good work.

9. JohnB

JohnB Guest

Hello,

Just wondering if you will provide (maybe as a non default option because some may not like it) the ability to clear the IE History in the next version?

I would really like this feature to be avaliable to me.

Cheers JavaCool

10. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

It won't necessarily be in the next database update, but yes such an option is being worked on. :)

It will also follow the same rules as the other plug-ins - i.e. it will be disabled by default and include the ability to clean the history index.dat file(s) using secure file shredding.

Best regards,

-Javacool

11. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dnothing it perfect like Javacool it easyest app to use and that saying alot from me lol

12. gc101

gc101 Registered Member

I have a couple of new MRU suggestions for inclusion in the next version:

1) Terminal Services (Remote Desktop)
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server
    Client\Default]
    "MRU0"="com1.domain.com"
    "MRU1"="com2.domain.com"

2) QuickTime 6
    The file "QuickTimeFavorites.qtr" from
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QuickTime" contains most recently viewed .MOV files.
    I've had success deleting the file, but I'm not sure what else it contains.

13. leatherhead

leatherhead Registered Member

Hi Javacool

Steven, [ from another thread in this forum..], had an issue regarding XP's Start|Run .MRU's not being cleaned up when MRUBlaster was run ,,, After 3 hrs of scanning all files [hidden icluded], and an extensive search of the registry , I couldn't find any MRU lists containing the 'run' strings left over in Explorers memory bank.

It appears the only way to Nuke this info, is to open IExplorer,, goto " Tools | Internet Options | Clear History".

....for those reading this ......It can also accessed from Control Panel in the Internet options selection.

This definately deletes the entries still left in the 'Run" box on the start menu.

My suggestion for a program inclusion would be a plug-in that invokes the deletion of the history from IEplorer.

In any event,, if you have already tackled this issue...
    I shall go and wipe the egg off my face...lol

14. zed

zed Guest

Just tried it out for the first time..
    What a great utility!!
    A couple of comments..
    1/ It didnt delete ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU entries for Outlook express newsgroups, maybe because express was running at the time?

2/ A setting to automatically scan and delete on system shutdown would be useful, rather than timer-based. (Maybe it could check if apps are running which would interefere and prompt user to shut them down?)

Thanks! :D

15. dickson

dickson Guest

Looking for a freeware that can auto empty the windows clipboard periodically, nothing found yet.

So I think it is a good point for MRU-Blaster to add this function.

Thx. :D

dickson (HK)

16. javacoolis

javacoolis Guest

Appreciate the program, thanks!

Feature request: a way to use the scheduler without either the scheduler window, or the scheduler icon remaining in system tray.

17. Khaine

Khaine Registered Member

I believe that Eraser has the functionality that other programs can call it to securely erase files. This would b really cool

:)

18. pollux

pollux Registered Member

Since this thread has been revived, here's a request:

a plugin for Firefox that would securely delete the cache and selected MRUs.

X, the Firefox extension that allowed the user to selectively clear the cache, history, etc., did not allow secure deletion of files, a real plus of MRU Blaster. Also, the user had to click the button and choose what to delete; it could not be set to run automatically at boot. I'm using the past tense since X isn't out in an updated version for 0.9+ yet.

You probably know about CleanMOCache. This program has 2 major limitations, from my point of view: only for XP at present (yes, some of us still use older versions of Windows) and requires .Net (the last thing I want is to append another MS component onto my system!).

I suppose it's difficult to think of making such a plugin when Firefox is still in the "technology preview" stage and things like the default location of profiles are changed. (I'm thinking of the many posts about SpywareBlaster after the Firefox 0.9 release!). But maybe it will be possible when FF 1.0 comes out, which is supposed to be later this summer.

Thanks for your excellent work, javacool.
    pollux

19. RYU

RYU Guest

Here's my request:
    ------------------

Add Custom Clean feature(through registry windows and folder's files!), so that I can add my own commands which one should I delete in windows registry and in Folders!!!. Thus, make MRU-Blaster become lighter (not bloatware!) and run faster! :)

Also don't forget "Auto empty the windows clipboard periodically!" couse I love this feature too. :-D

thank very much.

20. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

I know this isn't that important but I know that the program already covers the Windows Media Player, so why not add support for others? I also use QuickTime and Avipreview and I get sick of going into my registry cleaner to remove references to media files I deleted that are still in the programs' recent file list and it'd be nice if MRU Blaster can take all of those down with one swipe. I'm not a big registry editor so I wouldn't know the keys but maybe that's why Javacool is the programmer right? ;) :D

21. Filou

Filou Guest

What about a plugin for deleting the most recent MSOffice files (.lnk) located in

C:\Documents and Settings\CURRENT_USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent

Thank you for the fastest free MRU registry cleaner. Great work.

22. Daiki

Daiki Registered Member

Option to use external settings file for settings that are currently saved to registry.

23. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

I noticed the the MUI Cache keys also hold some computer usage (tracks) data. Might be a good idea to include?

24. LaughingMatter

LaughingMatter Registered Member

A thousand thanks to you for MRU Blaster!

The popular offline browser Teleport Pro (by Tennyson Mazwell) would be a great inclusion, in my view (though that's only because its popular in this house :) )

If it helps, I can be PM'd for a registry export of Teleport's MRUs and/or screenshot.

25. oldfella

oldfella Guest

I would like to see a plugin that would allow all the great functions of MRU Blaster to run in Mozilla Firefox please?

I am using Firefox far more than IE of late and have not found too many add-ons that are any where near the 'quality' of your products.:0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.