Post-Scan Actions Issues

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Quad, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quad

Quad Registered Member

Yesterday, I was leaving office and wanted to perform a full scan, so I initiated the scan with the post-scan action set to 'Shutdown'. I always have the 'Cleaning Level' set to 'No Cleaning' in the 'ThreatSense engine setup' as I prefer to review any possible "threats" and then take the action I deem necessary.

Long story short, something delayed me and I didn't leave the office, and the scan completed but to my surprise the computer didn't shutdown as intended, instead, it showed a list of possible "threats" and the possible actions asking my intervention. So if I left office on time, the computer would've been left ON for the whole weekend, waiting for my intervention.

Now, when the user sets the option that the computer should shutdown after the scan is completed, it means that the user isn't going to attend/babysit the scan process, and therefore ESS should override any other setting (like no cleaning > prompt for action in the advanced setup) and shutdown the computer, and then prompt the user about "anything" next time the computer is started, otherwise the post-scan action becomes useless.

2. encus

encus Registered Member

What version of ESS are you using?

Thanks.

3. Quad

Quad Registered Member

It's 6.0.316.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.