Post amended from earlier, but ?? remains.

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by thorn, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thorn

thorn Registered Member

Help not neccessarily needed, but assitance is vital! Use this test for what you will. I did and was shocked that it found 4 trojans which my Ad-Aware freeware by LavaSoft could not detect: http://leader.ru/secure/who.html
    Sorry folks. I really screwed up that one. This is how it should have read:

The trojan scan performed here http://leader.ru/secure/who.html detected 2 open ports after scanning 314 ports, and says these trojans are present on my system, or does it?? On port 1024: NetSpy. On port 5000: Bubbel, Sockets de Troie, Back Door Setup, ICKiller, and Blazer5. The Cleaner by MooSoft Developement tested negative for the same ones. Am I being deceived? What results do you get?

2. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Re: Trojans detected, but not by my Ad-Aware share

Hi, Ad-aware is a tool to get rid of spyware and has nothing to do with that site which is scanning your system for open ports.
    A port scanner test scans about 400 ports, another test checks if bios port is open and the third one check some trojan ports !
    If any post are showing open, then you need to properly configure your firewall.

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

The test is just telling you of open ports and the trojans that frequent those ports.  Since those ports are open, it is possible that you have a trojan using that particular port.  You have to use a trojan scanner such as TDS to actually detect and tell if you have a trojan installed.

Hope this helps,
    Kent

4. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

I'm pretty sure 1024 is NetBIOS, and I'm certain that 5000 is uPnP.  If you're running ME or XP, certainly.

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

1024: OLD_FINGER - old_finger, RATs: Psyber Streaming Server, NetSpy, R.A.T

5000: COMMPLEX-MAIN - Complex Main, SSDP - Web-XML Parser for Universal Plug & Play, RATs: Back Door Setup, Blazer5, Bubbel, ICKiller, Sockets des Troie, Bionet Lite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.