Possible Virus bypass NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by BarronN30, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarronN30

BarronN30 Registered Member

Hello, I had recent problems since yesterday night.
    I needed Microsoft .NET Framework so I downloaded version 3.0 service pack 1. But as I was searching for this framework, I must have downloaded in a wrong area. All of a sudden, my gmail will load to about 75% complete, then it says gmail has stopped loading and reloads again. It reloads to 75% repeatedly and then restarts again.
    So I did a full system recovery since my NOD32 Version 4 did not detect it, neither did my Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.2. (I been running them side by side with no problems).
    So after I system restored, I plugged in my external drive (which I had plugged in during when I installed .NET Framework.
    I did windows update which prompt me to restart. So after I restarted my computer, I started having problems. My internet would be connected but it doesnt show the Network Connections on the taskbar. I tried to go Start -> Control Panels -> network settings and it would freeze on me at that point.
    Then I replugged my external hard drive, and it took about 40 mins to detect the hardware.
    I did a full system scan and it detected no viruses.
    What could this be? I'm scared to use my external now because I'm scared it might be infected and I dont want to infect my other computer.
    Does anyone know whats happening?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you already created a lof from SysInspector and checked it for suspicious files? If you're not familiar with analysing logs, you might want to contact customer care. As of v4, a SysInspector log can be attached to the support request.

3. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

4. BarronN30

BarronN30 Registered Member

is that link correct? I see a s in https. But I could go into gmail kinda. It loads up to 75% and resets. I cant log off cause I was already stuck on logged on to my account. I tried logging on to my account on other computer and it worked fine.
    To Marcos: I sent analysis report before but not for this problem since none was detected. I havent used SysInspector before and I'm not really sure how to use. I'll try to contact customer care to see how to use it. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.