Possible to upgrade to next version

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by extratime, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extratime

extratime Registered Member

I downloaded the trial version a couple of days ago. I like the program so far, and am considering switching from NAV for this.

If I buy a full version (online download) does the 1 year subscription also include the ability to upgrade to the next full version of Nod32 (for example the upcoming 3.0 version which was discussed in another thread)?

2. zashita

zashita Registered Member

Yes, you will also have the new version when avaible. You have the database updates AND the program updates as long as your license is valid.

FYI, before installing the commercial version of Nod32, uninstall the trial and restart your computer. ;)

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

That's what I love about it, you don't have to buy a 2006-2007-2008 version ;)

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

That is a MAJOR peeve of mine with ANY software - I think all software companies ought to have a subscription basis for updates/upgrades/support - it would generate ongoing revenues and pay for future development - particular the heavy price tagged items, like photoshop and the like... Eset has an ongoing cost in updating signatures, which has to be significant, and the business model appears to work.. it's definitely a MAJOR plus point in NOD32's favor..

5. extratime

Thanks for the reply zashita, and also appreciate the input from others.

I'll let the trial run for a few more days, and assuming no problems arise I'll subscribe.

6. zashita

zashita Registered Member

My pleasure ...
    Welcome in the Nod32 community :D :D
    (And welcome to Wilders too) ;)

7. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

Extratime, did you have any problems trialing NOD32 with NAV installed?

8. extratime

I have had no problems thus far.

Actually I disabled all the NAV scanning options that I could. Then I did msconfig and made sure that none of the NAV/Symantec options ran on PC start-up.

Actually my NAV subscription runs until end of the month, so I didn't want to completely uninstall NAV until then. At the moment I am pretty comfortable with NOD32.

In another few days I will probably uninstall NAV completely. Then I will uninstall NOD32 trial version and purchase/install the NOD32 commercial version.

9. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

you won't look back!

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Dangerous thing to do if you are reversing a truck :eek: ;) :D :cool: :ninja:

:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.