Possible purchase?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Rilla927, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

When you install, take a look through this thread it will help you setup Nod32 as well as understand its various modules.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Yes Blackspear's Extra Settings thread is HIGHLY recommended for setting up NOD when you purchase it. Though the default settings have improved in the last few releases, they could still use Blackspear's tweaking.

3. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

I looked through every page of that link you gave me, it's awesome thank you!

I have just a few questions for you. If you go to the link you gave me and go to post # 77 it talks about “Command line” all appropriate “Switches”.

Is this what I'm supposed to copy and paste?

/adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+

If you scroll down a little I see a bunch of large paragraphs with a lot of info.

If I install Microsoft Office after Nod32 is installed, will Emon detect the application?

Thank you! I love Wilders because I learn at least one new thing everyday. :)

4. Rilla927

Yes, I'm glad he pointed that out to me. Blackspear has a little catching up to do, ha! :D

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

For a single hard drive that has not been partitioned, you would Copy and Paste the following:

C:\ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+

Or

For multiple drives to be scanned, do NOT use C:\

Copy and Paste the following:

/local /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+

And as to your last question, yes Nod32 would scan Outlook even if you installed Office after installing Nod32.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

6. Rilla927

Thanks a lot! Blackspear

I think I'm going to print this stuff out so I have it handy when installing Nod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.