I have been using KAV and Trend Micro Anti Spyware on my XP SP1 system for quite some time without any auto update hassles. I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser and three days ago installed a product called Firetune for Firefox which is a speed tweaking peice of software (with a configuration restore capability). Subsequent to installing it I noticed that my KAV and Trend products were not outo updating any more. I tried, on several ocassions, to force a manual update on them but get a message indicating that the updater failed to connect and that I must check my Internet settings. I have to assume that this is a DoS attack as all my other browsing still works fine. I tried the configuration restore option of the software but still no luck. btw the tweaks do work for Firefox. Can somebody perhaps shed some light on this one and a possible solution please.