Possible DarkSky RAT?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by beetlejuice, Oct 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

:doubt: Ran a scan with TDS and received the following.
    RegVal Trace: RAT. DarkSky. This is residing in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Run C:WINDOWS=Taskmon. I have tried to delete it with TDS, but it won't. Is it safe to delete this registry entry manually? The program? Will doing this mess up my computer? :doubt: Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. Steve

2. beetlejuice

o_O After downloading the latest database update 10/20/02 and running a scan, DarkSky doesn't show up.

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Steve,

It could have been a fixed false alert. To be sure we have to ask Gavin/Wayne about it.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Steve,

We've moved you over to the TDS Forum on the thought that this may have been either a false positive, or, that if you do have this on your system, you may use TDS to repair it, anyway.

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Yes, it was a false positive.

Quoting Gavin from the private DCS forum:

"This erroneous entry was only in the database for a short time, as soon as I was notified by one of the early updaters I removed it and this fixed the problem, thanks for letting me know again".

PS: The error was in 17 october's update and very soon after the same 17-october-update repaired.

6. beetlejuice

:D Thanks too everyone for your assistance and information about this. It had me a little worried. :D
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.