possible conflict with spybot s&d teatimer

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by mondaymonday, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mondaymonday

mondaymonday Registered Member

I have xp pro and running spybot, avg antivirus, adaware, and ewido.
    Just recently installed ewido. When I did a scan before, it was always
    freezing halfway thru. dont know if anyone else has had this problem - but when I turned off the teatimer in spybot today, I no longer had this problem.
    Is there any info on this type of conflict anywhere and other things I need to worry about? thx. otherwise, so far I think it is a great little program.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I can't be sure but if you believe it is because of TeaTimer , just disable TeaTimer . It does nothing important , btw ;)

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would debate otherwise in a more appropriate forum....unless you feel you are mistaken or confusing TeaTimer with some other resident protection ?

4. carex

carex Registered Member

How do you disable teatimer?, I think there's a conflict between that and System Restore on my PC

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I believe it is impossible to have a conflict between TeaTimer and System Restore . Correct me if I am wrong

If you want to temporary disable TeaTimer , right click on it and exit it.
    If you want to permanently disable TeaTimer (on your own risk :D ) , goto Start-> Run -> type msconfig and press ENTER . Goto the last tab (Startup items) . Find TeaTimer and uncheck it . Apply and OK :thumb:

6. btman

btman Registered Member

Or use ewido... do analysis... go to startup items... click remove :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.