Possible "bug"??

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Peter2150, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Experience something strange, and it was repeatable.

Like all windows programs CS has the 3 buttons in upper right hand of window. From left to right, minimize,full screen, and exit.

When I open CS, it normally opens in a smaller window. If I click the full screen button, it goes to full screen. If I later reclick the full screen button, the window returns to normal size. Operates just as would be expected.

BUT... if I click full screen and then exit, when I later return to the program, it opens full screen, and is stuck there. Clicking the full screen button does nothing. Can't ever get it back to regular window.

Even after rebooting it stays stuck. The only way I got it back to normal was to use Go Back and revert the disk back to a point before, I did this.

Tested and it is a repeatable condition.

Running XP pro, with TDS,PG,WG3,ZAP 4.53, Spywareblaster,Spywareguard.

Everything else on the machine seems normal.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Peter, it has a size memory which is in the registry, so if stuck on a size you should be able to remove the screen sizes there.
    Hope Jason has a nicer advice.

3. Peter2150

Thanks Jooske. I suspect Jason will try it himself. There are four registry entries unless I missed on. Go Back is almost easier. Virtually just means a reboot.

PS. Go Back is something almost every Beta Tester should have. Even if something you do really trashes your computer, recovery is a reboot away.

4. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

What are the pros and cons of GoBack against Ghost image ?
    I'm using Ghost from Windows (or have a floppy disc in case windows doesn't boot) and i recover my entire system partition (i do a new backup each month).

I could use Goback too but i never try to learn how it works and how to use it... explain me pls :)

5. Peter2150

Ghost I believe requires you to take a snapshot, and thats the point in time you have. Go Back is dynamic. Go Back gives you several options:

1. File recovery, not only in the sense on undelete, but if you overwrite a file, by saving a new version, you can recover the old version.

2. GoBack doesn't require you to do anything or save anything. It monitors what you do, and all you have to do is look in its log for a safe point, and you can work from that time. Can be minutes, hours, or even days, depending on how much history there is.

3. You can create a virtual disk at a previous point in time.
    It shows up in explorer as another disk and you can copy stuff from it.

4. You can revert to any point on the history log, designated a system safe point.

5. When you reboot, it intercepts and gives you a repair option before windows ever starts.

6. Gives you the opportunity to recover new files you may have built after the time which you go back to.

Examples:

Install a program and windows refuses to boot. Revert the drive before the boot attempt and voila. Fixed.

Install a new program, and don't like it. Sometimes uninstall is a real nightmare. Just revert the drive to before the install, and its like it never happened.

Ever have all you screen icons totally scrambled. Revert to just before it happened and all is back to normal.

etc,etc,etc

6. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Thanks you !

Seems very intesresting, the only thing i don't like is that it has to run in the background and monitor all i do, unlike Ghost which is static.
    However GoBack seems more comvenient to use and more flexible
    (i don't do a Ghost backup before installing any program...)

:)

7. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Currently CryptoSuite saves the window size but not the state. So if you exit the program when it is maximized the SIZE will appear Maximized on next run of the program, however you can resize it to your desired size. I will hopefully add state saving in the next build. :)

-Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.