Possible bug in spywareblaster 2.5.3

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Martin, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin

Martin Guest

Everytime I go to tools and then to hosts safe I can create a backup of the hosts file but when I delete a backup I get the confirmation message but when I click yes to delete the backup I get an error message and the spywareblaster program closes. The error message says "Run-time error 9 subscript out of range"

Is this a bug and if so when will a fix be available. If there is no fix available yet is there a workaround for this bug?

BTW I am using spyware blaster 2.5.3 and windows 98

2. Metallica

Metallica Guest

Did you try to download and install: http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe ?

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Very interesting - I can't seem to reproduce this problem.

Can you post more specifics about your computer system, such as how much RAM you have, and what programs you usually have running in the background? (ex. anti-virus, firewall, etc.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

4. martin

martin Guest

My computer is a 1.0ghz amd athlon with 511mb RAM running windows 98 second edition. I use norton internet security for a firewall and norton antivirus 2001 for anti virus software. I use internet explorer 6.

BTW I have installed the VB runtime files mentioned.

I have tried shutting down everything running in background (firewall, anti virus and other programs) but still get the same error message. Also I've noticed that the hosts backups created show up in the list of backups as '0' instead ofshowing 'hosts backup - then the date and time of creation'

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Ah - thank you for this bit of information.

I haven't been able to reproduce this error yet, but with the information above I will hopefully be able to narrow down what could be the cause.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.