POS doesnt work - v4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by stylemessiah, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stylemessiah

stylemessiah Registered Member

Installed latest v4 on clean PC, i mean clean XPSP3, no other software installed...clean

All i get, despite 4 attempts, after install is "real-time file protection is disabled"

Updating works...well it downloads the files and then gives me an unspecified error, which i have looked up...no real help there

Well theres no help apparently anywher eon their site, and the search results here would take a year to wade through, but i guess as long as youre wading i guess the ESET people think they can ignore you while they count your money

So ive been prompted to reinstall this crap like 4 times, same end result

I tried using the repair fucntion, which, and im not kidding (and this cracked me up), told me the installer didnt have the "privileges necessary" to replace files...umm i was logged in as admin to do the maintenance....thats dodgy programming on your part plain and simple, are you like a bunch of 15 yo kids running eset, cant manage to code a decent app or even to compile an msi file properly.....

Ill be looking for a refund as typing the error into the companies website gives no results, and theres bugger all on google...amazing, if i get a problem with ANY other bit of software theres 50 million responses on how to fix it, not NOD

With all the ranting about how good this product is around the internet, there really is an appalling lack of answers or support. And there seems to be a LOT of errors, going on my time looking through the forums here.

I gave up, ive since installed and tested Avira and Avast Pro on this system , and both run without issue, so you cant really say its a system fault on my end. its your buggy software.

Youy charge people for non working software that doesnt even install properly, and by the looks of this forum, you then let them spend their lives trying to get it to work...
    Number 1 resolution to EVERY problem seems to be "reinstall it". what a joke, never again, ill be requesting the money back at open of business monday.

To anyone else here who has just tried installing this program, leave now and never look back, otherwise you'll spend your life in these forums looking for answers to bad programming and being advised to "reinstall it" every two days, if you were in fact able to get it to run at all.....

Jesus.....FREE Avira works FIRST go....

2. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I do agree, NOD32 has the lost that "Great/Best Antivirus" image it once had in the past :rolleyes:

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

stylemessiah has stated his opinion and will try to resolve the situation on Monday. With that said, there's no need for this thread to become an AV comparison debacle.

Thankful is correct in pointing out our Policy regarding such arguments, so this thread is now closed.

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.