Ports .. ~

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Dagreat1, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagreat1

Dagreat1 Registered Member

heY,
    I know, ports again. :doubt:
    Can i close ports on my system if i dont have any firewall?
    As in sitting in a remote place where i cant download the 3/4 Mb file.
    Any manual way? As in something to do with the net commands?

2. snowy

snowy Guest

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=5265

Dagreat1

the above link is to your previous question on ports......

there appears to be something that you are trying to learn...or do........just what I have no idea. what confuses me most is that you are able to post at the forum but un-able to download 3/4 mb firewall..........which would take about the same amount of time to download as would to login and post to this site..perhaps a bit more time but not much....even on a dial-up connection
    then there is your question about Command Line.....an I have to wonder if you understand what using Command Line involds.........its certainly nothing that an in-experience person should try.
    what I am asking Dgreat1.....is whats your goal...what is it that your are trying to achieveo_O Perhaps others could offer you help if that was known.........you did not even mention what type of system you are running...linux...microsoft.....95 98 9x w2k xp,,,, all of which is very important for a person trying to help to know.
    there are firewalls that will fit on a floppy disc....very small.......BUT....if you are trying to learn something in particular.....hey thats ok....just mention what it is an someone may be able to offer you information or a link....just give people something to work with.....you just don't learn command line in a few posts......

3. snowy

snowy Guest

one more comment...if ports were so easy to close no one would use a firewall.......perhaps you should give that some thought.......
    I wont be posting back on this topic....but I sincerely wish you all the best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.