Ports Visible at PC Flank...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by Kivstev, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kivstev

Kivstev Registered Member

... but stealthed at Shields Up using ESS Beta 4.

I do notice that PC Flank 'recommends' Outpost :p

So what is the story? Firewall flaw, firewall setting not correct, or 'other'?

Attached Files:

2. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

I'm completely invisible. Are you behind a router and have you got it configured properly?

3. Kivstev

I believe so. I thought that if that a personal firewall is configured correctly it should show that the ports are invisible no matter what my router is doing.

I do not have any of those ports opened on my router.

Interestingly, I have Outlook 2009 on XP (which I am dual booting with Win7), and it also shows the same ports as visible but not open with PC Flank. All other internet firewall tests I can find show the same ports as 'stealthed' for both Outook and ESS.

I suspected something may not be right with PC Flank. The confusion comes where (funkydude) says that his results ae stealthed. o_O

Edit: I meant Outpost not Outlook. :/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  4. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

When you're behind a router it shouldn't matter if your firewall is on or off your ports will always be stealth. (protected by the router) I use ESS as an extra line since it's light. To me it sounds more like a problem with the router. You could probably test disabling your firewall/windows firewall and the results will be the same. If they are all open there is definitely something wrong with the router.

Anyway on a personal note I have always only trusted grc's shields up.

5. Kivstev

Ok I'll try that. Thanks. Considering all other online scans tell me my ports are indeed stealthed, I think I just may ignore the PC Flank results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.