Portable AV's for a USB drive?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Hungry Man, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Does anyone know if VIPRE Rescue Program command-line utility automatically removes anything it considers a threat? I'm not seeing any parameter that would allow me to set it only to scan, but not remove.

http://live.sunbeltsoftware.com/

Does anyone also happen to know how often it gets updated? The page says Note: VIPRE Rescue is updated very regularly with the latest definitions. But, how regularly, that is the question, isn't it? :D

It would be nice it could also update malware definitions, without having to re-download everything anything. That's something I also dislike with Kaspersky AVP.

2. kardokristal

kardokristal Developer

Hi m00nbl00d,

I used VIPRE Rescue PC about 2 years ago & it was updated every day.
    It also remove found viruses.

One thing i recommend is that when you download it & when download is ready, then before you start VIPRE Rescue PC, rename file to another name, because malware may corrupt this file if you don´t rename it.

One more thing to be sure if updated every day: at the moment is file name "viprerescue11368.exe" on their website. Check this file tomorrow for example again
    and if file name is changed (e.g. "viprerescue11369.exe", maybe different name) then it is updated every day.

Regards,
    Kardo Kristal

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I know it removes them; but, does it do it automatically, without asking? I can't see any parameter that would allow me to scan only, and also to create a scan report.

I dislike tools that don't allow this. I can't find information saying whether or not it allows to scan only. And, the file is big enough for me not to download it without being sure about it. I need to spare all traffic I can. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.