Port Specific Rule Creation

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Lal0, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lal0

Lal0 Guest

Im new to this firewall and was wandering about this
    for example lets say i authorize my browser access to the internet so its allowed under app filtering, but then i want to make it only use ports 80 and 443 i would just click edit on my browser and add 80;443 , BUT would i have to also add my browser into the internet filtering section ?? How would this work for p2p programs as well in setting them up to use certain ports.. If all this is only done through app management whats the use of being able to create rules for certain apps in internet filtering. Thanks for your time

2. Lal0

Lal0 Guest

I noticed that when just adding certain apps only to the app filtering tab they wont work, because the internet filtering rules block them, so i have to go and add the program to the internet filtering tab as well, since its like this where should i edit what ports the program uses inside the app or internet tab o_O

3. lal0

lal0 Guest

Ok this firewall is buggy... Some apps that i even add to internet filtering tab plus app filtering tab still get blocked ... theres not a deny symbol in either of the tabs for the app either ........... would love for someone to respond

4. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Hello Lal0,

No, I do not believe it is buggy in this regard. When you make changes to the ruleset, it might be necessary to reboot your computer. Give it a try ;)

Thomas

5. lal0

lal0 Guest

Rebooted and still doesnt work...

6. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Could you copy and post here the log entry of what exactely was blocked by LnS? What ruleset are you using?

Thomas :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.