Port Scan Alerts

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by zarzenz, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I'm getting detected port scan alerts pop up every few minutes and obviously this is normal and not an issue but I never used to see these in version 4 and the only way I found to stop these annoying alerts is to set for no desktop notifications, but this stops all the other alerts which I used to see.

Is there a way to stop just the port scan alerts and still get the others.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you have a device that does port scans intentionally, add its IP address to the list of addresses excluded from active protection (IDS) in the zone setup.

3. zarzenz

As far as I know I don't have any such device on my system so I assumed these are normal port scans that every computer connected to the internet gets when online and are not considered any real threat. There are many different IP's listed in the log so this is what I assumed they are.

I never had them being alerted in version 4 but they were always logged so I was hoping there would be a way to stop them popping up in desktop notifications and still get the other ones like updates and web protection alerts shown.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can untick the "Display notification after attack detection" box in the IDS setup if you only want attacks to be logged.

5. zarzenz

Thanks Marcos, that seems to have worked for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.