Port Explorer still inactive?

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by muf, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne B

Wayne B Registered Member

I had hopes of activating it in safe mode, but it did not work.

I tried it as it was first in safe mode.

Then I deleted it and rebooted.

Then I installed it from safe mode and tested it.

I have always used an administrator account from XP Pro. I have tried to install it on Windows 98 also.

One thing the 3 computers have in common is the ISP and they connect through the same router.

I have turned the router off though so that I could disable the anti virus and firewall.

I will continue to think on this. If you or anyone else thinks of any ideas please let me know.

I say you referring to Jooskie, who replied on intruders yesterday. I mentioned this problem there and got us onto the wrong column.

This column should probably be mine since muf most likely had her problem solved a long time ago. I guess that is not important though.

My other DiamondCS products are working great. They have all worked fine.

It is puzzling that the demo works with no problem.

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Ok well, if that UNLOCK code requestor pops up it means that there is no STORED unlock code for Port Explorer on your system. When that dialog pops up asking for it, if you enter the wrong one it will simply disappear. If its correct BUT there is a problem with Port Explorer the app would sit there forever idling in a loop (known old problem fixed). If it is correct though on the new versions it would simply load up PE and then not ask you again. So the reason it isn't saving the unlock code you enter is because it is incorrect for your port.pkf.

I will try your latest key , go to the members area like you would and try it myself.

-Jason-

3. Jason_DiamondCS

Ok I just tried and it works fine for me.

What date does your keyfile have for the MODIFIED date? Could you also please send me the port.pkf you are trying to get to work with the unlock code from members area in a private message to me on Wilders.

So simply attach port.pkf and give me the unlock code you are trying with it in a Private Message and hopefully we can get this sorted out.

-Jason-

4. Wayne B

I have just sent the email as you requested.

5. Wayne B

I installed this new version in safe mode after deleting the old one and ran it in safe mode also.

It is working now. Thanks for helping to get this working.

Something must have been wrong with the key file I had. The one Gavin just sent me is working.

6. Jason_DiamondCS

Ok glad to hear you got everything sorted. Have fun. :)

-Jason-

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Glad you have it all running fine now, suppose it will all be fine in normal mode too?
    Would advise in the way your system is now to make manually a new system restore point.

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Wow Wayne B, What a marathon! :) Glad it is now sorted - Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further queries.

9. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Maybe I wont have a holiday next year so we dont have a broken key in the first place ;) at least not a week off :)

10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Gavin, You will have to get an understudy :D

11. Wayne B

I burned all of my DiamondCD folders to a CD as they are now. I'll make a copy of that for safety and throw the old CD's away.

I activated XP last night. I don't think that would matter. I hadn't got around to that since I rebuilt the hard drive a while back. That is a difference though.

It is strange that the old key file would work for you and not for me. The third key file Gavin sent me last night worked.

I don't know whether installing and running it in safe mode made any difference or not.

Thanks for helping me through this marathon, as you called it.

12. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

We all lerned from it Wayne, even though it's unclear what exactly went wrong. Don't forget to create manually your system restore point from the current situation, just in case!

In safe mode not all system files and lots of other programs are not loaded. It is very well possible there was some blocking factor from any of those.
    I have it for example whe i want to defrag my discs i better do it in safe mode too, to get rid of all kinds of background protection etc.

13. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Wayne B, Please allow me to award you your first Karma cookie :D

Jooske, In W2K & XP you can do a defrag without closing anything down or using Safe mose.

Creating a system restore point is good advice :) I also like my weekly Ghost image to another drive & pc ;)

14. Wayne B

I was thinking of making a Ghost image tonight also. I have been formatting the backup hard drive before cloning. Not sure if that is necessary. The formatting takes forever. I haven't been using quick format because I thought it was better to clean everything off of the drive. I figured the long format would do a better job of that.

I guess I could clear the space with Cryptosuite also. Thats takes a very long time though.

Cloning with Ghost takes less than 10 minutes.

15. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I've never found a problem with Ghost just cloning / saving a partition or restoring one to a used drive, it just overwrites the old data. As for needing space just make sure you have enough for the image by deleting old images :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.