Port 8081 issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ZenSC, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenSC

ZenSC Registered Member

I have installed the NOD32 Enterpriser version to my Server and was able to successfully (for the most part) push the install to the client machines. Now I have 2 problems. One no clients show up in the RAC and two it is causing our intranet website to go down.

I have confirmed that it installed on the clients, however even though I have done this last Friday (over 96 hours ago) no clients are showing up in the RAC. Also NOD32 let our Business Portal Website (watered down sharepoint) work for a few days, then suddenly yesterday BP conked out and stopped running. In IIS it is showing stopped and when I try to restart it says the file is in use. I alter the port BP is using away from 8081 and voila, it starts to work again. I had to go into the services and disable the NOD32 kernal and RAC, then End Task on them to get the Business Portal web site working again.

We use the BP as our intranet homepage and it will take much to long to reconfigure this on all the various machines we have. I'd prefer to instead change it in NOD32 to use another port. However I didn't specify to use the webshare:port model I pointed it to a \\server\share for the mirror. Also in the config file I changed it to use port 10000 instead of 8081 even thoug I didn't utlize that and it had no effect. I think both problems revolve around this port conflict, however I cannot find any place that lists this port to be changed right off in NOD32, any help or advice is appreciated.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

In the LAN Update Server go NOD32 Control Center (down by the clock) > Update > Mirror > Setup > Advanced.

You can change the port being used there.

You will also have to change the port on the clients by pushing out a configuration change to all of them.

BFG

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    On the many Microsoft Small Business Server installs I do/manage, I always change the mirror update port from the default 8081 to something like 8088..because SBS includes Sharepoint. Once that's done...presto, no problems.

Naturally you need to customize the client config files, so their updates look at http:\\192.168.1.11:8088 for example, instead of the default port.

4. ZenSC

ZenSC Registered Member

I have tried that but always get these errors:

click Setup I get an error stating I need to connect once prior to configuring. When I click update it says Error creating file. It is a loop i cannot get out of. Is there a reg key I can edit or a config file?

Attached Files:

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I don't configure the custom port until after I intall the LAN update server, RAS, and RAC. Then after reboot...after I create the Mirror directory..I go in and customize the port. I then create the config file(s) for the clients..create the push install package(s) from them...and begin the push deploys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.