Port 80

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jjchgo, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjchgo

jjchgo Registered Member

Does Spyblaster use Port 80? Ever since I installed Spyblaster my Pop-Up stopper program has stopped working. I don't really know much about Port 80 and I need to find out what else uses it besides my pop-up stopper program.

JJChgo

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

What pop-up stopper program do you use? Several contain or are spyware, and that may be why it isn't working any more.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. jjchgo

jjchgo Registered Member

It is a Pop-up stopper inside the Tweak-XP Pro program.

It allows the detection of current IE instances so it can learn more popups than it comes with.

4. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

JJCHGO,

Port 80 is the common HTTP port that is used by applications like IE or any browserwould connect to at www.blah.com. It would be your remote endpoint port . I am not familiar with your current pop up stopper but I use Mozilla 1.4 web browser and it comes with pop stopper built in.. Hopefully some others will come along and give more insight to pop ups. Here is a link I found regarding some pop software hopefully this help a bit

http://www.popup-killer.info/

Regards,
    FireDancer

5. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Pop ups may be caused by persons who are exploiting Windows Messenger Service.
    This service is turned on by default. It can easily be turned off. By far the majority of XP users do not need this service and turning it off also frees up more resources for your PC.
    . I do know however of a neat, free program provided by Gibson Research Corp that will let you turn this uneeded monstrosity on or off with a simple mouse click. Gibson's products are excellent software. They are written
    using basic machine code which makes them very small and effecient in their use of resources. Most programmers are incapable of coding in this way.

I strongly suggest that you download this program called Shoot the Messenger and get rid of the other one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.