Port 113 Closed

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Testing, Jul 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Testing

Testing Guest

What is port 113 and how do I make it stealth?

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Port 113 is the Authentication Service and is used by some servers when establishing a connection (ie. mail and ftp servers).

The default and enhanced rule sets in LnS should stealth your system to this inbound request. Have you made any rule(s) allowing it?

Also do you have a router in the mix? Some routers will not stealth this port to accommodate authentication requests.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. Testing

Testing Guest

Yes I have a LinkSys router. I guess its prevendint me from stealthing it because I am using enhanced rules.

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

If stealth is a must for you, use port forwarding and forward TCP 113 to a unused IP (ie. 192.168.1.15 - something you will not use and not in the default range used by the DHCP server). That should stealth port 113.

Regards,

CrazyM

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Testing

In Reference to EnhancedRulesSet.rls; There is an Disabled rule named “TCP : Authorize Identification” which applies to Identd Requests, you should verify it’s still Disabled and that you did not make any mistakes in Modifying the rule-set. Also some Online Scans may automatically assume Identd server is running if specific TCP Ports exists, if I was you I would confirm by using Alternative Online web-scans…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.