port 1046 is open

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by john_84, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john_84

john_84 Registered Member

i am currently running kerio firewall and when i scan the computer with grc i found that the port
    1046 is not stealth but closed anybody knows
    how to close this port

2. RedLobster

RedLobster Guest

John, well lets see whats on that port.
    Please open FIREWALL STATUS an see if there two listing LOCALHOST: one connect OUT and one connected IN.........one may show 44334.......what does the other sayo_O

If your rules are correct ALL ports should show stealt........I'll wait a few moments for your reply.....past my bedtime LOL

3. RedLobster

RedLobster Guest

John I didn't see you as being login so you have already left the forum.....when you return there will be lots of great people here to help you......looks like you need to tweak your rules.

4. RedLobster

RedLobster Guest

John, please don't think me rude for not returning....as you may notice I am not a member here..an was just lurking around to see whats happening with spywareblaster.

5. john_84

john_84 Registered Member

actually kerio firewall is trying to act as a server
    when the kerio firewall starts it open these four ports 44501,44334,1790 and 1796

6. RedLobster

RedLobster Guest

WOW John, you posted and took off....no one had a chance to even reply.
    Well good luck..hope you find a solution...

7. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

miranda im keeps that port open here

8. melissa

melissa Registered Member

are u using avast antivirus if yes then turned it off and then do port scan agian

9. RedLobster

RedLobster Guest

A very common mistake to think that all four ports are needed.......only two ports are actually needed..one connected out and one connected in

MEL

are you showing avast as having a port open..if so consider tweaking your rules...

10. RedLobster

RedLobster Guest

quick comment.....if firewall rules are applied correctly ALL ports will be stealth no mater which scan is used.........an no program should need to be disabled..EVER!!

11. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi john_84

Kerio will establish connections on localhost (127.0.0.1) to communicate with itself. So those are normal.

If you don't already have one, at the end of your rule set you could add a block rule for all inbound and enable logging.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.