Pop up says "unable to estab. connection for updating"

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ?davisrfinc, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ?davisrfinc

?davisrfinc Guest

I daily receive a pop up that says "Blaster unable to establish connection for updating" However, it seems that it is being auto updated because when I check for updates it says they have been done. ANy thoughts appreciated. Also, I can't find a way to check when the last update occurred. Is that a feature and if so, how do I find it.
    Thanks a lot, Steve

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi ?davisrfinc, and welcome to Wilders.

You can check to see if you have the most recent update by either going to our Updates Forum and checking for the update notice, or by going to the below link and look under "Keep Up-to-Date!" where you'll see the latest definitions:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

At the time of this post, the definitions were last updated 10/25/2004, and there are 3208 items in the database.

About the up-date popup that you are seeing - "Blaster unable to establish connection for updating". Are you sure it's saying "Blaster" and not "SpywareBlaster" ?

If you could give us more information such as what operating system you have, other security/privacy apps running like firewall, anti-virus, etc., and what this popup looks like (it may be related to something else that is set to check for updates, like a SoundBlaster card looking for new updated drivers for example), also, if your SpywareBlaster does have the most recent definitions as shown above.

Regards,

snap

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.