Poor Support from AVG(Grisoft)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mikel108, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well thats good...guess it was a delayed response then.

2. shaolin

shaolin Registered Member

Hy,

I've used Grisoft's Free AVG for awhile now. I think the company makes a pretty good product. You really don't see alot of companies around that give out free programs such as this one, it helps a lot of new users out, or some users that don't have a lot of money.

I found the same "false positive", yesterday, in EA's Return of the King Game. However, I know that, from time to time, even companies like Symantec (Norton) has false positives.

If someone in customer support gave you a hard time, then I can understand your consern, that would tick me off too...

But I can tell you, I don't know how many times I have found virri that Norton and others miss along the way...

I allways use one Anti-Virus program for Resident Protection and scanning.. (Norton) and use another Anti Virus program, like Grisoft, for just for an extra scanning tool, but have it non resident at start up.

My 2 Cents.
    Shaolin. :)

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

You mean AVG found virii that Norton missed on your PC?

4. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Which is why the thread is titled Poor Support. I can deal with the odd false positive. Besides Grisoft and I have decided to put it behind us.

Let the healing begin! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.