policy / config conflict

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by aluminex, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aluminex

aluminex Registered Member

Issue with pre-config/current policy.

I have a config on my laptops set for a scheduled weekly scan. I have created a policy with a weekly scan for all of my computers on the domain. Now I have 2 weekly scans on my laptop.

Did I do something wrong or what would be the easiest way to resolve this?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can create as many scheduled scans as you want, there's no limitation. Another thing is that concurrent scans are redundant and would slow down the system performance. The solution is easy - delete either task.

3. aluminex

aluminex Registered Member

Exactly,

I don't want concurrent scans. I don't want to log into each client and delete the task either. Do I just push a new config w/o the scan?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you want to delete a specific task, download the configuration from a client with the task, mark the task for deletion and push it back to the client(s). A scheduled task is identified by a unique ID, hence pushing a task with the very same name to clients will not work and will result in creation of a duplicate task with a different ID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.