Polaris Office for PC - Free MS Office Alternative

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ReverseGear, Jan 19, 2016.

1. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Website

Edit on your PC for Free - Use PC Office anytime, anywhere with various payment plans starting from $0.

Continue working from any device - View & edit your document from any device: PC, Tablet or Smartphone.

Single program for all document formats - View & edit any MS Office, PDF, TXT or other document in one place.

Get more done, together - Check & edit your documents with your team in real-time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed it on my PC , it looks like Office 2016 and is fairly responsive . Have attached screenshots.

Attached Files:

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I just tried this, for the PDF editing. However it seems you can only view, and not edit the text in PDF files. I opened a few PDFs and Execl files, and there always was an annoying delay of a few seconds before the files would open. I don't know why there was a delay, as files open instantly in both SoftMaker and Ability Office.

Another annoyance, was that it always defaulted to the Documents folder when opening files, rather than the most recently used folder.

I uninstalled it as it can't edit PDFs and I already have two other office suites installed for working with spreadsheets.

At the moment, I think WPS Office is a better option for a free office suite. Still it is nice to see another free office suite being released. I don't use WPS Office anymore and and am not sure of the current limitations of the free version.

3. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

It's in beta right now , I hope it improves to be a good alternative to ms office . I actually found it by accident , had a mail from polaris and opened its site to see if anything was new and found it now has a pc version

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hmm. Nothing mentioned about Outlook. Unfortunately the way I use Outlook, all the alternatives come up short.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yeah right, you need to sign in before you can use it, so it's crap to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.