Pokki wiil be pre-installed on Lenovo computers with Win 8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Robin A., Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Isn't that fixed in 8.1?

I can't speak for "tons of software", everything I run works fine. But there are ATI drivers designed specifically for WDDM 1.2 which Windows 8 uses. ATI has brought out support for Windows 8 in its latest drivers for their new cards AND their legacy cards. Complaining that some old drivers don't work with Windows 8 would be the same as complaining that some old drivers don't work with Windows 7 when it came out, ridiculous. Both introduced a new version of WDDM (1.1 and 1.2 respectively) which needs new drivers.

2. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Bloatware as a game changer? No thank you sir.
    If Lenovo had ordered a tailor-made app without an in-app store to monetize on customers, I might have taken this seriously.
    The current Pokki app seems as useful as a 30-day Ahnlab AV trial version.

3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Not sure if its fixed in Win8.1 The only reason I use it is because its forced on me as I have to support it as a Network Engineer.

I can tell you from a production environment that Win 8 is highly inefficient especially when you dig around advanced control panels on a regular basis. Again in a production environment Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 isnt even fully Win8 compatible yet.

When Im referring to ATI drivers Im talking Lenovo Desktops M92P's that are fully updated. ATI drivers crash all the time on Win8. We use Lenovo exclusively for desktop and laptops and the ATI drivers suck on Win8.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  4. elapsed

I see, that sucks. Sounds like some kind of Lenovo/Mobility issue to me though not a Win 8 issue directly. Is it a known issue and have they provided workarounds?

5. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Desktops run dedicated graphics cards with AMD HD6570's or greater and even those have issues with drivers crashing in Windows 8. :rolleyes:

6. elapsed

Thanks for answering the question... but that doesn't make any more of a Windows 8 issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.