Podcast threats?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by feddup, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I've never used P2P software and view them as a obvious security threat. I own an MP3 player and have recently seen some "podcasts" that looked interesting. I saw a freeware program called ipodder and wondered if any of the wilders veterans had any knowledge of the potential pitfalls and how to avoid them. It's a whole new area of knowledge that seems potentially dangerous but interesting. All opinions will be appreciatted.

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

sorry, not a wilders veteran, well if you mean security expert, i'm not. but i use Ipodder and all i can say is that so far i haven't had any malware from it, but i suppose it could happen, so it's best to scan all the podcasts you download

another thing is, i think it's one of the best, or, the best none security program, i have and love listening to podcasts :)

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Thanks for the info. My work allows me to use an MP3 player and it's nice to be able to liaten to interesting dialogue while working. I live in the midwest and the radio selection is mind numbing. I'll just scan the podcasts. Thanks again!

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.