Plz suggest a Good Free Email Service besides Hotmail Gmail or Yahoo

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AaLF, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Plz suggest a Good Free Email Service besides Hotmail Gmail or Yahoo ??

2. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Yandex

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

VFEmail.net is pretty cool.

So is/was vmail.me but it's neither reliable nor accepting new accounts.

If you just need temporary (one day) accounts, anonbox.net is very nice.

4. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

6. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

7. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Zoho looks interesting.
    Has an integrated office suite too which is nice.

8. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

The Zoho office Apps are quite useful for me. Also Zoho Mail is reliable & consistent. Unlike Gmail which is 'improved' every five minutes by changing it, not always for the better IMO. Yahoo! Mail isn't really any better for this. AOL Mail is quite good as well. But I really would recommend Zoho to anyone.

9. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Thanks all. A great elp. :thumb:

10. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Why do you need an alternate email service ?

11. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I was asked the question and so in turn I have asked those whose opinions I respect, that being my fellow members here @ Wilders Security Forums.

12. imdb

imdb Registered Member

13. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I've been using fastmail.fm for years and love it. I used the paid service to give me more email storage, but started out using the free service.

14. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I use use Zoho Creator but wasn't aware of the email service, it looks quite good.

15. TheCatMan

TheCatMan Registered Member

http://prxbx.com/email/

Plenty on that list, think ill keep my vmail account handy, there is also Privat DE Mail which is pretty good but you need to use an email client like thunderbird to access it.

As always find an email provider that is in europe, ones that respect privacy and human rights, and hopefully ones that do not give up date ! oh and one that scrambles the IP addresses of the emails! and avoid any emails from English speaking nsa/police state countries like hotmail/yahoo/gmail/gmx etc

16. Less

Less Registered Member

vmail.me bad gateway?

17. noobynoob

noobynoob Registered Member

hushmail
    or
    mail.com

i can't think of another one

and about yandex if you are afraid of NSA you could also be afraid
    of russine inteligence :/

18. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Not if you live outside of Russia. Also Russian intelligence is unlikely to be bullied by United States into giving up your private emails/passwords. If you live inside of Russia then I would recommend a strictly American email provider. I would still avoid Gmail as they are pretty much an email whore of a service that sleeps in bed with most intelligence services.

19. RollingThunder

RollingThunder Registered Member

I like http://www.autistici.org/en/. They are out of the country and secure. In addition they have a hidden service web portal. They are activist based and they have to approve your political focus. Pretty simple actually. Anyone on Wilders I suspect is pro privacy. Embelish upon privacy and you will likely get approved.

The other activist email I like is Riseup.net. Same criteria on approval. What is really cool about riseup is they actually have an outgoing smtp .onion.

Riseup disadvantage is they are US based. Autistici is not. Both services are tremendous in my opinion.

20. OuterLimits

OuterLimits Registered Member

I can recommend Zoho also. You can make it the default email for Firefox or Chrome which isn't that simple for some email services well if you want to use the webmail interface anyway.

21. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

22. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Mail.ru and already mentioned Yandex.com, it provides the same services like Google, a browser with a synchronization, an online storage. A great replacement for Chrome.

23. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

I can't recommend Zoho unless you plan to not store any business or personal emails. Five gigabytes of storage for free isn't very much at all for serious email usage. Outside of Yandex, which evidently found it necessary to mention in their FAQ what to do when you received the mail of others, I don't know of any really good and free providers. Someone mentioned Yandex not being susceptible to NSA intrusion, but I don't believe that can be prevented so easily. After all, it has already been shown that they are watching communications in the U.K and other areas.

I'm afraid not going with a U.S-based company will only provide a slightly increased amount of protection. That said, to stay on topic I would indeed go with Yandex for free, unlimited accounts. Just remember, free services and products too often mean you're paying in other way.

24. RollingThunder

RollingThunder Registered Member

Well, the benefit of a Yandex account is the fact that it is Russian. When determining an individual risk analysis you have to consider who the adversary is. If the adversary is the American court system you are probably ok with a Yandex account. You are correct that the NSA is a different issue entirely. There is a trick that I like that since we are talking about the NSA right now that I will mention. While absolutely nothing is certain regarding the NSA, there are .onion SMTP servers out there. If I want to send something with reasonable security I might use a Yandex account and route it through a .onion SMTP. Of course people need to always be aware of social identification. Meaning anonymity is pointless if you are sending to your boss or your neighbor Jim down the street. It all goes to what you are trying to accomplish.

25. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

All good points. My biggest issue is that upon trying to sign up, the blasted thing forces a phone number just like Gmail. This is not something I want forced upon me, as I am faced with enough unknown people and organizations spamming me with unwanted contact. It's a shame, the service does get rather positive reviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.