Plugin cannot find Acronis True Image Home 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by earlstroup, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlstroup

earlstroup Registered Member

I would appreciate help from Mustang or others who can give me step-by-step instructions on how to install Mustang’s Acronis True Image Home 11.0 Plugin, preferably in XPE. The following message was displayed when I typed the command AutoHelp as instructed in Mustang’s TI 11 plugin:

Error: File copying problem. Acronis True Image Home\TrueImage.exe is not present.
    Configuration will now abort and reset the plugin.
    Try again once the problem is solved.

Here is what I have done::
    - Installed and successfully executed Acronis True Image Home 11.0 Build 8053 located it on the D_Drive. Successfully created several full system image backups using TI 11.
    - Executed TrueImage11BartPE_s_en.msi and stored the result in D:\Program Files\Acronis\BartPE\BartPE\.
    - Downloaded Mustang’s Acronis True Image Home 11.0 Plugin.
    - Downloaded BartPE 3.1.10a
    - Downloaded Reatogo240
    - Downloaded XPE 1.0.7
    - Successfully executed BartPE (in D:\pebuilder3110a), created .ISO file, burned to CD and successfully booted from the CD.
    - Unzipped and copied Mustang’s TrueImageHome11 folder to D:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\TrueImageHome11 .
    - Executed …Plugin\TrueImageHome11\AutoHelp.cmd. The above error message was displayed:
    - Executed Reatogo240 (located in the root of the C_Drive), created ISO file, burned to CD, and successfully booted from the CD
    - Executed XPE, created ISO file, burned to CD, and successfully booted from the CD.

Most of the BartPE plugins are disabled by default. Many of the plugins require copyrighted files and most plugins have a web page of what files to add and where to put them. I haven’t enabled plugins for copyrighted files or attempted to add the required files to those plugins.

If clarification or more information is needed please let me know. Thank you.

Earl

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Hi Earl,

The problem you are having with my plugin is related to installing TI 11 on your D: drive. You can easily solve the problem by temporaily copying the TI program files from your D: drive to your C: drive. Copy the files to C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome. After you run AutoHelp.cmd to configure the plugin, you can delete the program files from your C: drive. It wouldn't hurt to leave them on the C: drive, as they only take up 36 MB of room. Most of the program is already on your C: drive at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis.

The plugin will automatically detect Reatogo and UBCD4Win, so you don't need to do anything special. You should run AutoHelp.cmd from each setup rather than running it once and copying the configured plugin to another setup.

3. earlstroup

Hi Mustang,

I followed your instructions and copied the TI program files to C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome. Next I ran AutoHelp.cmd. It completed a number of steps and concluded with “Create z-upperfilters plugin to force last processing.” “ Plugin configuration done. Your plugin is ready to use.”

I hate to be obtuse and test your patience but I am not sure of what to do next.

Here is what I did:

I tried to re-run Reatogo beginning with the “Getting Started” button but that showed “Your Pre-Flight Check-List: Done.”; “Press Start PE Builder.” I pressed the Start PE Builder button. The “Reatogo PE Builder v3.1.10a” panel was displayed. I clicked on the plugins button. The display “Reatogo PE Builder v3.1.10a – Plugins” was displayed. My Custom Settings was the only line that was not enabled so I enabled it and the following was displayed:

FULL LIST OF XPE OPTIONS

; NOTE: as "configure_settings.exe" has already localized your package, there is really no need
    for further user configuration. However, all available options are listed below should you want to personalize your setup any further.

; copy&Paste into your "z999_My_Custom_Settings.inf"
    ; MAKE SURE:
    ; 1.) you add the correct section header when you only copy individual entries !!!
    ; 2.) you un-comment the entry (if required) so it is active...

This is not what I expected. I expected the plugin button to display a plugin list such as the list displayed when I ran PE Builder as a stand alone program but with True Image 11 included in the list.

Question: What should I do now?

Earl

4. mustang

mustang Developer

Just press the Start PEbuilder button. In the next screen press the Build button. Never mind trying to customize it. Reatogo has been heavily customized, so you don't need to do anything else after the plugin has been configured.

5. earlstroup

Hi Mustang,

Problem solved. Thank you for all your help. I hope the post helps others as well. :D

Earl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.